NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Resource Manager to join our team in VICTORIA, British Columbia (CA-BC), Canada (CA). Role Responsibilities: Project Staffing Assignments and Career Development:
• Identify project staffing needs and coordinate (assign or remove) consultants to ensure successful client projects
• Collaborate with Client Executives to understand the client project resource needs, discuss recruitment strategies and resolve any resourcing and people issues
• Collaborate with consultants, their Matrix Managers to understand the skills, capabilities, experience and interests of the individual consultant for current and future assignments to ensure ongoing career development aligned with business needs
• Work with consultants, their matrix managers to employ good people practices to retain an engaged high performing workforce.
• Provide support and guidance for consultant on current assignment(s) (initiation, duration and end of assignment)
• Analyze staffing trends and business needs to complete proactive hiring to meet current and future demands; ensure consultant succession planning for key client projects
• Work with, and provide guidance to Recruitment Managers to ensure they continue to fill priority positions..
• Proactively manage employee issues including performance issues providing constructive feedback and improvement/development plans to close gaps. Operations: Reporting, Analysis and Administration:
• Review employee utilization on a monthly basis and identifying gaps/variances and solutions to close gaps which impact our ability to maximize the use of billable staff.
• Ensure bench time is minimized and resources are well utilized.
• Schedule regular management meetings with the leaders to ensure proactive communication and resolution of issues
• Review and approve consultant time and expenses
• Work with other Resource Managers organization-wide to ensure business tools and processes continue to align with business model
• Proactively implement strategies to streamline and increase operational efficiency
• Manage and monitor budgets to keep costs within budget
• Participate in annual compensation review process on behalf of assigned location. Professional Qualifications & Experience
• University degree/Business Diploma ideally with a Business/Computer Science focus or 10-15 years' experience working in a senior IT delivery role
• Minimum 5 years of experience in people management in an IT consulting environment
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to form and maintain strong relationships
• A clear understanding of IT roles and the ability to help form teams for IT projects
• Demonstrated proactive people management (leading, motivating others including proactively resolving issues)
• Demonstrated consultative and collaborative approach
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effective interpersonal skills and ability to influence others through change
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong time management with the ability to work effectively across a matrix organization and work with frequently changing and competing priorities
• Demonstrated high attention to detail
• Self-motivated, proven team player with a high degree of discretion and diplomacy
• Strong computer skills working with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and the Internet
• Preference will be given to candidates who are either based in Victoria or able to locate to that city. About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100. NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law. Job Segment:
Consulting, Manager, Computer Science, Technology, Management