Job Description Summary
Are you looking to apply your chemistry research experience to the biotechnology industry? This is an exciting opportunity to join our R&D Chemistry team as a Research Technologist! The Research Technologist will be responsible for the synthesis and testing of new and existing products, competing products and platform technologies for the R&D department. This role involves designing, performing and troubleshooting particle chemistry experiments, conducting data analysis and contributing to technical product documentation, all according to the company standards.
You will work with a supportive team and collaborate with many other departments, including Quality Control and Process Development. This is your chance to work alongside motivated and intelligent individuals who are passionate about the work they do to support life science research. If you are looking for a stable career with Canada's largest biotechnology company, combined with opportunities for growth in a fast paced environment, this is the team for you!Job Description Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform synthesis and/or material characterization experiments, and participate in development of new assays.
- Troubleshoot standard experiments, perform data analysis, and document the experimental observations and calculations; summarize findings with guidance from his/her supervisor; advise of abnormal or unexpected results.
- Present the data at R&D data meetings, and provide the conclusions and the future plans as directed by the supervisor.
- Perform laboratory procedures as requested (e.g. inventory of supplies, waste disposal, and safety measures).
- Support the Quality Management System (QMS) initiatives and adhere to the QMS requirements, including the maintenance of a detailed and accurate laboratory notebook.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BSc. in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Engineering Science or related degree
- At least 1 year of relevant experience performing laboratory experiments.
- Experience with the statistical analyses of data is an asset, and in laboratory techniques such as particle sizing, spectroscopy, and/or electron microscopy
- Knowledge of STEMCELL products is not a requirement but desirable.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Detail-oriented and proficient at time management.
- Team orientated - 'one-team' behavior is a must.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Management and Executive