Job Description Summary
Are you looking to start your scientific career with a bench-based role in the fast-paced and collaborative environment of the largest Canadian biotech company? If you're an enthusiastic and creative problem solver who works well within a team and enjoys learning new laboratory techniques, then this position may be for you!
As a Research Technologist, you'll be responsible for the day-to-day lab-based work of testing and improving new and existing products. Working within the Neural biology team in the Research and Development (R&D) Department, you will culture and characterize brain organoids, interpret data and provide regular reports on your results. This position is perfect for recent BSc science graduates who want to continue honing their laboratory skills while contributing to the creation of high-quality workflows for researchers around the globe.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform experiments with input from the supervisor, including establishing novel methods and techniques
- Differentiate, process, stain and image neural tissues, and culture brain organoids
- Present data in team meetings, contribute to data interpretations, and future experiments
- Help maintain laboratory supplies and operations to ensure a safe and functional lab environment
- Keep accurate and detailed records of lab procedures and results
- BSc/Diploma in a Life Science, Chemistry, or Engineering required, with 6 months - 4 years relevant lab experience (i.e. academic, industry and/or co-op lab experience) preferred
- Practical experience using a variety of laboratory techniques such as mammalian cell culture, fluorescent and confocal microscopy, tissue processing and dissociation, and whole mount and cross-section staining are highly desirable
- Neural stem cell and/or organoid experience a bonus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience presenting your own data to small and large groups and writing reports
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and data interpretation preferred
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Management and Executive