Job Description Summary
Do you want to be a part of an innovative, collaborative team in Canada's largest biotechnology company while honing your laboratory skills? Are you excited about contributing to an organization rooted in integrity, committed to quality, and driven by helping other scientists? Come join the R&D team as a Research Technologist: we are currently seeking new STEMCELL-ers to join the Immunology, Hematopoietic and Pluripotent Stem Cell teams!
As a Research Technologist within the broader Research and Development team, you'll have the opportunity to strengthen your existing laboratory skills as well as learn new ones from supportive and motivated individuals who embody STEMCELL's "Scientists helping Scientists" motto. Your day-to-day could involve testing and troubleshooting new and existing products, and collaborating across teams to fuel future research directives.
The R&D team at STEMCELL is an innovative hub, filled with scientists who are passionate about their work and committed to sharing that passion with people like you. Our reagents and kits are used by scientists around the globe, and this role is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to flourish in an exciting career at the bench!Job Description Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform experiments and data analysis, document experimental observations and calculations, and summarize the findings with guidance.
- With input from the supervisor, conduct literature reviews to inform the establishment and implementation of novel methods and techniques.
- Troubleshoot standard experiments, identify abnormal or unexpected trends in data, review and report on results and provide input into future experimental design.
- Present data at R&D data meetings, and provide the conclusions and the future plans as directed by the supervisor.
- Perform laboratory procedures as requested (e.g. inventory of supplies, waste disposal, and safety measures).
- May provide training on laboratory techniques and product protocols to other departments and/or junior laboratory staff.
- Support the Quality Management System (QMS) initiatives and adhere to the QMS requirements, including the maintenance of a detailed and accurate laboratory notebook.
- Occasional weekend work (Saturday and/or Sunday) may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BSc. in Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related area.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience performing laboratory experiments.
- Practical experience in lab techniques such as (mammalian) tissue processing, cell counting, immunomagnetic cell separation, flow cytometry, ELISA and aseptic cell culture are highly desirable.
- Experience with the statistical analyses of biological data is an asset.
- Ability to apply critical and analytical thinking is required.
- Knowledge of STEMCELL products is not an absolute requirement but highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings.
- Detail-oriented and proficient at time management.
- Team oriented - 'one-team' behavior is a must .
This role requires vaccination against COVID-19 as per the current recommendations by local health authorities, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and where available.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Management and Executive