Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply learning techniques and advanced mathematical modeling to solve real world problems? Do you want to play a key role in the future of Amazon's Retail business? Come and join us!
Amazon's Customer Analytics team is looking for Research Scientists, who can work at the intersection of machine learning, statistics and economics; and leverage the power of big data to solve complex problems like long-term causal effect estimation. As a research scientist, you will bring statistical modeling and machine learning advancements to analyze data and develop customer-facing solutions in complex industrial settings. You will be working in a fast-paced, cross-disciplinary team of researchers who are leaders in the field. You will take on challenging problems, distill real requirements, and then deliver solutions that either leverage existing academic and industrial research, or utilize your own out-of-the-box pragmatic thinking.
• Understand and mine the large amount of data, prototype and implement new learning algorithms and prediction techniques to improve long-term causal estimation approaches.
• Collaborate with product managers and engineering teams to design and implement solutions for Amazon problemsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• PhD or equivalent Master's degree plus 4+ years of research experience in a quantitative filed
• Experience investigating the feasibility of applying scientific principals and concepts to business problems and products
• Ph.D. or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
• 1+ years of research or work experience in the job offered, or as a Research Scientist, Research Assistant, Software Engineer, or a related occupation.
• Employer will accept a Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field and three years of research or work experience in the job offered or a related occupation as equivalent to the PhD and one year of experience.
• Must have at least one year of research or work experience in the following skill(s): programming with a mathematical programming language such as R, MATLAB, or SAS or major programming language such as Python, Java, C++, C#, or C
• Experience formulating and solving predictive modeling, machine learning, forecasting or statistical modeling problems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Ph.D. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational Research, Statistics or a related quantitative field
• 2+ years of research or work experience in the job offered, or as a Research Scientist, Research Assistant, Software Engineer, or a related occupation.
• Superior verbal and written communication and presentation skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts and considerations to non-experts
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us