At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth and we believe our neighbors are our customers. Are you passionate about being a part of a team where your work has meaningful impact on communities and those in need? Do you get excited about operating in an ambiguous green field environment? Are you looking for an opportunity to define a roadmap for work that is critical to Amazon's continued ability to deliver smiles in communities? The Amazon Logistics (AMZL) Community Operations team is charged with defining a plan for ensuring our AMZL operations deliver a positive net impact in the communities where we operate today and in the future. We are driving community engagement and working to embed standard work into our day to day operations creating a positive impact in our communities. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is critical to our long term expansion plans, this is the place for you.
AMZL Community Operations looking for a dynamic, resourceful, and organized Behavioral Research Scientist to develop the right data-driven solutions to support the most critical components of this rapidly scaling operation. As an applied social scientist, you will work closely with key partner teams to better understand our Amazon brand representatives (including Station Leaders, Amazon Associates, DSPs, DAs, and Amazon Flex DPs) and local communities where we work. You will be expected to be a subject matter expert in qualitative analysis with the ability communicate highly complex findings to multiple audiences. The ability to understand and measure human behavior is also a highly valuable asset. You may come from one of many different types of mixed-methods backgrounds, but you must be comfortable with the complete research workflow, from research design to statistical analysis to reporting.
The ideal candidate is excited about ambiguity and a "start-up" type environment, passionate about leading purposeful work, learning and building something from scratch as well as enhancing existing systems, and can work seamlessly across multiple stakeholder groups. In addition to designing meaningful research questions and analyzing the resulting data, you must be able to see a full loop vision that goes beyond experimentation to conceptualizing design solutions, collaborating closely with multiple teams to ensure the relevance and impact of your work to business stakeholders. Successful candidates will have a deep knowledge of applied survey and data collection methods, the ability to draw program-wide conclusions, the communication skills necessary to explain scientific approaches to a variety of stakeholders and customers, and the excitement to take iterative approaches to tackle big, long-term problems.
• Lead a project to develop and implement a community sentiment program that will measure impact of AMZL operations and community engagement at the neighborhood level for every delivery station in the world.
• Consult and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop overall program methodology (e.g., instrumentation, sampling logic, analysis framework), collection logistics, and analysis framework. Includes working directly with BIEs, other scientist, and product developers on the team to build out a scalable solution.
• Conduct, direct, and coordinate all phases of research projects, demonstrating skill in all stages of the analysis process, including defining key research questions, recommending measures, working with multiple data sources, evaluating methodology and design, executing analysis plans, interpreting and communicating results.
• Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations through presentations, papers, and other internal/external communication channels.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• PhD plus 8+ years of behavioral research experience in Psychology, Personality/Social Psychology, Sociology, Experimental Psychology, Statistics, or related field
• > 5 years of experience conducting large-scale applied research studies across multiple countries
• Experience designing and implementing survey instruments and/or other data collection mechanisms such as focus groups and interviews; understanding of impact of interventions and theory of action
• Experience analyzing experimental research data as well as big data from surveys and archival data; basic understanding of text-based analysis using ML models
• Advanced statistics (e.g., regressions (ridge/lasso/hierarchical), HLM, longitudinal data analysis, factor analysis, cluster analysis or SEM/Path Analysis) and causal analysis
• Ability to communicate complex data and concepts with a wide range of audiences both in verbal and written formats
§ Proficiency in at least one statistics program (SPSS, R, SAS, Python, etc.)
§ Highly adaptable, creative, and thrives in a fast-paced work environment
§ Strong organizational skills, time management, and program management skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Doctoral degree, ideally in one of the social sciences (e.g., PhD in psychology, sociology, or political science)
• Experience teaching others how to create surveys and derive insights from data
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.