Terms of employment: Full time, permanent
Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, V6B 0M3
Each day, hundreds of thousands of developers make billions of transactions worldwide on our cloud. Almost all of them are harnessing the power of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. However, there are always a few people that try to take unfair advantage of a good thing...
Join a newly formed and rapidly growing team of software engineers and predictive modelers that are building best-in-class tools and large-scale distributed systems to detect and prevent malicious or fraudulent usage of AWS by leveraging the latest in data mining, predictive modeling, and web anti-fraud techniques. You should be someone who wants to build massively scalable, robust software, and wants to see your software thrive in the face of traffic from huge cloud computing services like S3, EC2, CloudFront, VPC, etc. The ideal candidate will have strong distributed systems and web services design and implementation experience, as well as experience working on highly availability production systems.
Salary range $92,100 to $153,700/yr commesurable with experience.
• 7+ years of software development experience
• Bachelor's or master's degree (or higher) in computer science or a related discipline
• Fluency and experience in either C++ and Java
• Experience architecting, designing and implementing highly scalable web services
• Experience building and operating mission critical, highly available (24x7) systems
• Experience acting as a technical lead across all major software lifecycle phases including scoping, requirements, design, implementation, testing, and deployment
Language required for job: English
All applicants must meet all Basic Qualifications.
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. This position is eligible for further pay increases and bonuses at the company's discretion. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock