MDA is looking for a bright, capable engineer, analyst or computer scientist with a strong background in math or physics who excels in a flexible research-driven work environment. The Research Analyst will work with our dynamic and high-functioning research and development teams to develop innovative solutions that strategically position MDA&rsquo s technical capabilities and offerings in Canadian and selected international markets. The successful candidate combines a solid technical background with strong communication and leadership skills to advance our image exploitation algorithms for evidence-based decision-making and innovative quantitative analysis using today&rsquo s Machine Learning/Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence technologies.
Working in multidisciplinary teams, MDA delivers leading-edge technical and operational solutions to commercial and government customers around the globe with innovative and mission-critical solutions for monitoring and understanding land and maritime change and other human activity anywhere on Earth. We are a leading provider of multi-sensor Earth Observation solutions bridging capabilities that include satellite mission planning, imagery and data capture, processing and analytics. Primary Activities
The Research Analyst would contribute in all or some of the following areas:
Preferred experience & qualifications
- Analyze and solve complex research problems in the fields of machine/deep learning as applied to earth observation image exploitation, natural language processing, and signal processing.
- Develop computationally intensive algorithms to advance existing software solutions and to offer new possible solutions
- Prototype, test, integrate, demonstrate, and deploy software tools necessary to analyze and verify the performance of new algorithms
- Prepare technical documents and presentations, including external publications and proposals.
It would be an asset for the candidate to have the following
- Working towards a degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Software Engineering,
- Experience in addressing complex research tasks
- Experience with deep learning techniques
- Experience with algorithm design, development, implementation and verification
- Strong knowledge of mathematics
- Proficiency with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Possess an understanding of software engineering, software development life cycle, object oriented software design and programming and data structures
- A team-friendly attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to quickly learn and exploit new technologies
- The ability to work within a large commercial organization and understand dependencies and stakeholder needs
Special Comments/ Considerations:
- Experience with Computer Vision algorithms and processing
- Domain knowledge of Remote Sensing and GEOINT.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing.
- Proficiency with Java, Python, TensorFlow, MATLAB
- Experience with AWS and GPU utilization
- Experience with OpenCV
- An understanding of geographical information systems, and the utilization of remote sensing imagery
Positions are based in Richmond, BC and may include travel.
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision-making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: November 13, 2018
Closes: January 12, 2019