At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
This position is one of a large number that have been created especially to produce in-depth analysis and enterprise/investigative content as part of a multi-city initiative for 2020. The positions are temporary because there is an experimental aspect to this initiative. The company's goal is to produce documentaries on important issues, which will also add to the strength of the CityNews teams and our daily news coverage. Successful candidates will fit in well with our emphasis on diverse, creative teams who create innovative news content aimed at young, urban audiences.
CityNews is looking for an experienced Journalist. As an experienced News professional, you know what content our viewers want and how to deliver compelling stories. As a proven innovator, you know how to emphasize creativity over tradition. You should be capable of using traditional and non-traditional mediums to tell a story.Responsibilities:
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research
- Organizes material and writes engaging, relevant and concise news stories under tight deadlines according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
- Generates compelling story ideas and knowledgeable contacts and responds to breaking news situations quickly and accurately
- Host the newscast either live in the newsroom or out in the field.
- Be an editorial leader in the newsroom, help produce newscasts and coordinate coverage with our radio partners
- Be fluent in social media trends with a personal Twitter account and the knowledge to use it to generate stories and ideas
- A person who truly understands multi-platform coverage and doesn't feel bound by the confines of a typical Television reporter package
- Proven editorial leadership, knows what it takes to put a newscast to air.
- Solid writing skills, knows how to write to pictures and how to use sound to deliver quality content.
- Excellent knowledge of the cultural and political landscape of the city
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
- Must have a clean driving record
- Experience operating a video camera and editing is an asset.
- Must be able to multi-task and deliver under tight deadlines
Part time Shift:
Variable Length of Contract:
12 Months Work Location:
180 West 2nd Avenue (810), Vancouver, BC Travel Requirements:
Up to 25% Posting Category/Function:
Broadcasting & On-Air Talent Requisition ID:
177278 Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what's right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]]
Find similar jobs: