156471 Position Title:
Software Engineer III External Description: We are EA
And we make games - how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that
The Rendering Software Engineer is an essential part of the game creation process. They are involved in architectural design, implementation, and debugging of rendering technology on multiple platforms; working with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to solve complex computer graphics problems. Key Responsibilities:
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
- You will research and implement industry-leading rendering techniques.
- You will write technical design specifications.
- You will design, maintain, implement, test and debug code, pipeline
- s and other rendering-related sub-components and packages
- You will develop core rendering tools, feature and engine components to required coding standards.
- You will optimize rendering, lighting and shading components of a game engine.
- You will create leading edge reusable rendering technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- 7-10+ years' development experience
- Proficiency with C++
- Experience designing and implementing industry-leading graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware.
- Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra.
- Formal background in rendering with experience that may include modern shader pipelines, animation, skinning, lighting, special effects and tool development.
- Experience with Direct 3D, Open GL or equivalent.
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Knowledge of good software engineering practices.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code
City: State: Community / Marketing Title:
- Experience with scripting languages and C#.
- Experience with graphics tools and content pipelines
- Working knowledge of modern graphic APIs
- Experience on a game team, having shipped titles, an advantage.
Rendering Software Engineer - FIFA Company Profile:
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.EEOText:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law. Date Opened:
2019-07-09 17:02:54.177 EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Software and Programming