For nearly forty years, Cayenta has been helping Utilities and municipalities and utilities across North America and the Caribbean connect their communities to essential services. Headquartered in Vancouver on Canada's west coast, Cayenta provides a robust Enterprises Recourse Planning (ERP) platform that is designed to meet the needs of sophisticated customers with unique requirements. Cayenta is a division of N. Harris Computer Corporation, one of Canada's largest software conglomerates, which allows us to offer our customers the personal service of a boutique software company with the resources of a multinational corporation.
Cayenta's business development team is looking for an enthusiastic tech-savvy pre-sales engineer to help direct the design and selling of complex software solutions and services. The Software Sales Engineer's responsibilities include maintaining extensive knowledge of the solutions, features, functions, and services offered by Cayenta and assisting with business development efforts where technical expertise may be required.
To be successful as a Software Sales Engineer, you will possess an in-depth knowledge of our company's technical products and services and be able to relate this knowledge in a way that is understandable to non-technical customers. You will be driven to achieve Cayenta's business development goals and should have excellent presentation and customer service skills.This remote role welcomes candidates anywhere in Canada and the US. What your impact will be:
What we are looking for:
- RFP Response Support - The successful candidate will be responsible for working cross-divisional to complete technical portions of Cayenta's Request for Proposal (RFP) responses.
- Product Demonstration Leadership - The Software Sales Engineer will lead product demonstrations for opportunities with both prospective and existing customers.
- Staffing and Training - The successful candidate will assist with the hiring, training and ongoing product education of the Cayenta business development team.
- Reporting - Cayenta tracks all activities related to business development in our Client Relationship Management (CRM) system. As Software Sales Engineer you will be required to ensure that your activities related to opportunities are up to date in the CRM platform to ensure executive dashboards have accurate data.
- Product Development Support - The Software Sales Engineer will work closely with the product development team sharing customer feedback on new software versions, new solutions, feature enhancements and any other import that will assist in optimizing our solutions.
- Maintain Product Knowledge - As Software Sales Engineer is imperative that you maintain up-to-date knowledge of the solutions that Cayenta provides, and solutions provided by our partners.
What we can offer:
- Post-Secondary Education with a concentration on business or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years of industry sales experience
- Experience with ERP software solutions, preferably in utility or local government.
- Prior exposure to Cayenta ERP software is advantageous
- Ability to Travel in Noth America up to 50%; valid driver's license with acceptable driving record required.
- Product knowledge
- Selling to customer needs
- Software requirements
- Product development
- Presentation skills
- Creative writing proficiency
- Technical understanding
- Verbal communication
- Requirements analysis
- Cayenta provides its employees and their families with access to our corporate health, dental and vision plans. Cayenta employees are also provided with Life Insurance, Disability and AD&D coverage.
- While we're based in Vancouver, Cayenta is a work-from-anywhere employer. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the "core" work hours. In addition to paid vacation, we offer our employees flexible paid personal time.
Founded in 1983 and welcomed to the Harris family in 2004, our Cayenta business unit is the North American leader in technology for medium to large utility clients. We provide innovative end-to-end CIS and ERP solutions engineered from the ground up to be agile and seamless, ensuring that our clients have a platform for operational success.
Software and Programming Sales and Marketing