We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description This remote position will be located in the Greater Vancouver Area What You'll Be Doing
As a member of CIBC's Security Engineering team, you'll play a crucial role in all matters of Information Security. You'll focus on assessing projects for security risks by examining and interpreting requirement documents and architecture diagrams. We are looking for an action-oriented, collaborative and innovative individual that would be responsible to designing, building and deploying the organizations most critical Information Security solutions. Sr. Information Security Engineer will be responsible for completing proof-of-concept and proof-of-technology exercises on new security offerings as well as designing and implementing successful solutions. This role is an excellent opportunity to join a world class team within a great organization and assist with meeting a large enterprises growing Information Security needs.
At CIBC we enable the work environment most optimal for you to thrive in your role. This remote position will be located in the Greater Vancouver area. How You'll Succeed
Who You Are
- Information Security Engineering - Designing and building integrated Information Security solutions that meet the needs of a large enterprise. Constantly evaluating our security posture and staying up to date with relevant industry perspective.
- Perimeter Security Engineering - Maintaining and supporting perimeter security tools including proxies, intrusion detection/protection, and malware analysis from vendors such as Symantec, Fireeye, RSA and IBM
- Perimeter Security Design - Identifying current and emerging perimeter security. Sourcing and implementing new perimeter security solutions to better protect the organization.
- Leadership & Communication - Collaborate with senior leaders across the company and make informed recommendations to enhance information system security. Weigh business needs against security concerns and provide risk-based recommendations to improve information systems security, which are practical and achievable, thereby allowing the Lines of Business to make informed risk decisions
- You can demonstrate 7+ years of experience in a variety of perimeter security products such as Symantec Blue Coat, IBM Proventia, Fireeye NX, and the Palo Alto suite. You have a strong conceptual understanding of the TCP/IP network stack. Experience with network packet captures for troubleshooting and working knowledge of firewall/routing technologies. It's an asset if you have experience in Cloud based security technologies.
- You can demonstrate experience as an expert in Information Security Management, with minimum 5 years of experience as an Information Security Consultant or similar role.
- You have strong knowledge of security infrastructure & controls within heavily regulated environments with compliance frameworks and all related integrations associated with the services. You know the processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring consistency to standards associated with accessing, altering and securing organizational data with proxies.
- You have a degree/diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- You act like an owner . You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You're digitally savvy . You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- Values matter to you . You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
- You have the following certifications:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- CISM - Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- ISSEP - Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP)
- Microsoft Certified - Azure Security Engineer Associate
This role requires to be on call for a week once every four months What CIBC offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
What you need to know
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- CIBC is committed to doing our part to protect our team, our clients and our communities. We want to ensure we have a safe and healthy workplace, and we want to do our part to get through this pandemic. In keeping with this commitment, and as a condition of employment, CIBC requires all successful candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date, or provide written proof of a medical exemption, or other substantiated accommodation request under applicable human rights legislation.
British Columbia VIRTUAL Employment Type