April 20, 2021
Reporting to the General Supervisor Maintenance, the Reliability Specialist, Mobile Equipment (known at Teck as Asset Health Supervisor) is responsible for monitoring real-time mobile mining equipment data and combining it with other available condition based information (oil analysis, performance history, inspections, current identified work backlog, and operator feedback) to make informed maintenance decisions to optimize equipment performance. This role will follow a 4 days on, 4 days off (days and nights) rotation.
We are looking for someone that is skilled at making effective, informed, and timely decisions. Who can prioritize multiple demands; modifying decisions and actions in response to changing information and circumstances. We also require someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong supervisory background, including conflict resolution.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Come experience what work life balance is all about! Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Assist with rapid troubleshooting of down equipment and dispatching trades with appropriate diagnostic information
- Review real-time data, including trends and alarms, to monitor asset health risks and downing equipment if required
- Triage incoming maintenance concerns from operators and guide them through preliminary troubleshooting remotely
- Identify pending failures that can be planned and scheduled in the future
- Provide direct feedback to equipment operators on Operator Driven Reliability (ODR) practices and performance and follow up on operator concerns
- Assist the reliability department with identifying bad actors and continuous improvement of maintenance strategy to match operational practices
- Journeyman's ticket or related technical diploma
- Experience troubleshooting haul trucks (Caterpillar, Komatsu) or shovels (P&H), both electrically and mechanically
- Strong digital literacy, particularly in OEM systems, Asset Health Monitoring systems, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems, and Microsoft Office Suit®; Excel and Outlook
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources. Job Segment:
Electrical, Coal Mining, Engineering, Mining