Closing Date: May 18,2022
Reporting to the Manager, Maintenance Strategy, the Reliability Specialist, Maintenance is responsible for implementing and supporting innovative maintenance strategies and technologies across our mine, processing plants and mills, and water treatment facilities.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with strong verbal and written communication, as well as excellent interpersonal and problem-solving abilities; a team-oriented individual with a strong focus on safety, personal responsibility, who is highly self-motivated. The ability to maintain a positive and flexible attitude in a fast-paced and dynamic environment is vital.
This is an exciting opportunity to apply your knowledge across a large multi-site organization and be a key player in reliability and maintenance strategy!
Join us in the Highland Valley and enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities, such as hiking, skiing, fishing, and golf! The mine site is a 50-minute drive from Kamloops, B.C. which provides all of the comforts of city living. We are also close to Merritt, Ashcroft, and Logan Lake, which all exude a small-town community atmosphere.Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement equipment maintenance programs based on the Reliability Centered Maintenance methodology in collaboration with maintenance planners, supervisor, tradespersons and other equipment subject matter experts.
- Implement and manage Condition Based Monitoring technologies (Oil analysis, vibration analysis, infrared thermography, etc.) in asset maintenance programs. Interpret findings and initiate and support corrective work.
- Maintain and continually improve equipment lubricant specifications.
- Support maintenance work execution, planning and scheduling practices.
- Routinely review production losses with maintenance and operations departments and select reliability issues to investigate.
- Conduct facilitated Root Cause Analyses of chronic and significant acute production interruptions, safety incidents, and equipment failures. Prepare written reports of findings and manage the completion of corrective actions.
- Provide training and support to tradesmen, operators, supervisors, and planners participating in various reliability processes, including smaller-scale frontline failure analyses and equipment troubleshooting, as required.
- Mechanical Engineering degree, related technical diploma, or Red seal mechanical trade certification.
- For Engineers: Registered or eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of B.C. (EGBC); Teck will support eligible employees with their EGBC registration
- Strong computer software literacy.
- Experience with non-destructive testing methods is an asset.
About Teck Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated. Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and two professional references.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Testing, Engineering, Mining, Technology