Reporting to the Technical Superintendent Reliability Engineering, the Reliability Engineer is accountable for improving and sustaining the reliability of Trail Operations operating plants by investigating reliability problems, developing and implementing maintenance strategies, and providing technical support.
Join us in the welcoming community of Trail, situated in the beautiful West Kootenay region of southeastern British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips! Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone.
This position offers a compressed workweek with alternating Fridays off and comes with a competitive pay and benefits package. Come experience what work life balance is all about!Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Identify equipment problems ("bad actors") that are having a negative impact on costs or production based on direct referrals, incident reports, production incidents or maintenance cost reviews
- Initiate a Reliability Incident Report (RIR), Root Cause Analysis (RCA), or Bad Actor Situation Appraisal (SA) as required
- Recommend and implement reduction of asset risks
- Assist in developing action plans to address the impact of critical equipment or parts on the overall reliability of the plant
- Develop implementation schedules and goals or milestones and follow-up to ensure adherence to schedules
- Use a combination of preventative maintenance (PM), predictive maintenance (PdM) and Condition Based Maintenance (CBM) for development of asset maintenance strategies
- Create, revise or improve scope and content of maintenance strategy documentation and information
- Manage backlog of PM update requests and delegates minor PM revisions
- Provide quality assurance of maintenance strategies built as part of operational readiness packages for capital projects
- Provide verbal and written reports to keep management and work teams informed.
- Provide highlights of assignments and plant activities to Reliability colleagues at periodic roundtable discussions
- Advise plant on the maintenance strategy and applying Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) principles or Availability Workbench modeling
- Conduct hazard risk assessments (HRAs) or process hazards assessments (PHAs) as part of the Management of Change (MOC) Process
- Provide guidance to new employees, co-op students, EITs, and plant personnel
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with a specialization in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- 4+ years of work experience in mining, smelting, refining, or similar heavy industrial facilities
- Eligible for, or working towards, registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia (EGBC)
- Knowledge of reliability principles, methodologies and technology
- Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on continuous improvement
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (Advanced Excel)
- Knowledge and experience with predictive maintenance technologies an asset
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Coal Mining, QA, Quality Assurance, Technical Support, Mining, Quality, Technology
Apply now »
Construction, Mining and Trades