Our Release QA team in Burnaby has over 130 staff and are responsible for ensuring Fortinet products meet the high standards we expect before release to the market. We are currently recruiting for teams focused on QA activities for our FortiOS, FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer and FortiClient products. Technical Job Duties:
• Execute regression testing on products using a combination of manual and auto testing techniques. Create, maintain, and execute test specifications and test cases
• Write and maintain automation scripts
• Identify, document, and track software defects found during testing
• Work closely with developers to ensure defects are correctly identified and fixed Writing Job Duties:
• Work closely with Developers, QA, Product Managers, and others to understand new features, use cases, and customer scenarios.
• Document & publish release notes, user guides, reference materials and use case scenarios for new product releases. Job Experience Required:
• 3 - 5 years of software testing experience.
• Solid understanding of TCP/IP, routing, DNS, DHCP, routing and switching
• Working experience on Virtual machine environment, i.e VMware / ESXi, Hypervisor
• Demonstrated knowledge of firewalls, Linux, Sniff, or Ethereal
• Strong knowledge of IPSec, SSL VPN, data encryption and authentication
• Knowledge of general QA procedures and methodologies, as well as software development fundamentals
• Experience configuring, installing, and troubleshooting PC/server software and hardware in a Windows and Unix environment
• Demonstrated ability to logically and analytically troubleshoot software
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment and communicate well with other departments
• Ability to work on assigned tasks under tight time constraints
• Demonstrated ability to write clear and reproducible problem reports, and test results
• Demonstrated skills in scripting languages, such as shell, TCL, PERL or Python are considered assets
• Demonstrated writing skills.
• Knowledge of database is considered an asset
• Knowledge of JSON API is considered an asset Educational Requirement:
• A degree or technical diploma in Computer Science, Computer Technology, or related field
Software and Programming Information Technology