Release QA Engineer (CARD2354)
Reference ID: %7B6C300394-742A-4ECC-95C7-8FDE1AF2E1D6%7D
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Fortinet is looking for enthusiastic and eager Release QA Engineers to join our team in Burnaby! This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the computer network security industry while working and learning from a team of talented developers.
• Execute regression testing on Fortinet based products using a combination of manual and autotesting techniques.
• Create, maintain, and execute test specifications and test cases
• Identify, document, and track software defects found during testing
• Work closely with developers to ensure defects are correctly identified and fixed
• Solid understanding of TCP/IP, routing, and switching
• Demonstrated ability to logically and analytically troubleshoot software
• Knowledge of general QA procedures and methodologies , as well as software development fundamentals
• Experience configuring, installing, and troubleshooting PC/server software and hardware in a Windows and Unix environment
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment and communicate well with other departments
• Demonstrated skills in scripting languages, such as shell, TCL, PERL are considered assets
• Strong knowledge of IEEE 802.11 standard and CAPWAP protocol
• Strong knowledge of WLAN communication, security and authentication
• Demonstrated knowledge of WiFi testing tools, such as VeriWave, Candela etc.
• A degree or technical diploma in Computer Science, Computer Technology, or related field
• For new graduates, please include a copy of your transcript
Posted: January 13, 2019
Closes: March 14, 2019