Release QA Engineer 2 (CARD2488)
Reference ID: %7BD5E8B425-6F7B-4B3B-B926-4CDEC10AAF79%7D
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Technical Job Duties:
* Execute regression testing on FOS based products using a combination of manual and auto testing techniques. Create, maintain, and execute test specifications and test cases
* Write and maintain automation scripts
* Identify, document, and track software defects found during testing
* Work closely with developers to ensure defects are correctly identified and fixed
Writing Job Duties:
* Work closely with Developers, QA, Product Managers, and others to understand new features, use cases, and customer scenarios.
* Document & publish release notes, user guides, reference materials and use case scenarios for new product releases.
Describe Job Experience Required:
* 3 - 5 years of software testing experience.
* Solid understanding of TCP/IP, routing, DNS, DHCP, routing and switching
* Working experience on Virtual machine environment, i.e VMware / ESXi, Hypervisor
* Demonstrated knowledge of firewalls, Linux, Sniff, or Ethereal
* Strong knowledge of IPSec, SSL VPN, data encryption and authentication
* Knowledge of general QA procedures and methodologies, as well as software development fundamentals
* Experience configuring, installing, and troubleshooting PC/server software and hardware in a Windows and Unix environment
* Demonstrated ability to logically and analytically troubleshoot software
* Ability to work in a collaborative environment and communicate well with other departments
* Ability to work on assigned tasks under tight time constraints
* Demonstrated ability to write clear and reproducible problem reports, and test results
* Demonstrated skills in scripting languages, such as shell, TCL, PERL or Python are considered assets
* Demonstrated writing skills.
* Knowledge of database is considered an asset
* Knowledge of JSON API is considered an asset
* A degree or technical diploma in Computer Science, Computer Technology, or related field
Posted: March 18, 2019
Closes: May 17, 2019