Release QA Engineer 1 (CARD2465)
Reference ID: %7B6D9C2CC3-377C-4E91-8507-D8790116DD42%7D
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 210,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com , the Fortinet Blog or FortiGuard Labs .
Fortinet is currently looking for a Junior Release QA Engineer to join our team in Burnaby. The ideal candidate will be involved with testing all features of Fortinet products. This is a great opportunity to expand your knowledge and develop your skills in network security.
* Execute performance and integrity testing on FortiSandbox based products using a combination of manual and auto testing techniques.
* Create, maintain, and execute test specifications and test cases
* Identify, document, and track software defects found during testing
* Work closely with developers to ensure defects are correctly identified and fixed
Job Skills Required:
* Knowledge and experience with software testing
* Solid understanding of TCP/IP, routing, and switching
* Demonstrated ability to logically and analytically troubleshoot software
* Experience and strong knowledge of VMWare, python and SQL DB.
* Knowledge of general QA procedures and methodologies, as well as software development fundamentals
* Experience configuring, installing, and troubleshooting PC/server software and hardware in a Windows and Unix environment
* Ability to work in a collaborative environment and communicate well with other departments
* Ability to work on assigned tasks under tight time constraints
* Demonstrated ability to write clear and reproducible problem reports, and test results
* Demonstrated knowledge of firewalls, Linux, Sniff, or Ethereal.
* Demonstrated skills in scripting languages, such as shell, TCL, PERL are considered assets
Posted: November 17, 2018
Closes: January 16, 2019