Fortinet is currently looking for a Release QA to join our team in Burnaby. The ideal candidate will be involved with testing all features of Fortinet products. This is a great opportunity to expand your knowledge and develop your skills in network security. Job Responsibilities:
Job Skills Required
- Execute performance and integrity testing on Fortinet based products using a combination of manual and auto testing techniques.
- Create, maintain, and execute test specifications and test cases
- Identify, document, and track software defects found during testing
- Work closely with developers to ensure defects are correctly identified and fixed
- Knowledge and experience with software testing
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, routing, and switching
- Demonstrated ability to logically and analytically troubleshoot software
- Experience and strong knowledge of VMWare, python and SQL DB.
- Knowledge of general QA procedures and methodologies, as well as software development fundamentals
- Experience configuring, installing, and troubleshooting PC/server software and hardware in a Windows and Unix environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and communicate well with other departments
- Ability to work on assigned tasks under tight time constraints
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and reproducible problem reports, and test results
- Demonstrated knowledge of firewalls, Linux, Sniff, or Ethereal.
- Demonstrated skills in scripting languages, such as shell, TCL, PERL are considered assets
#GD Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network - today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security features without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks number one in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 450,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses.
Software and Programming Information Technology