Do you believe that you should be able to find and do just about anything online? Have you ever visited a website and thought, "I could have designed a better user experience than this!" If the answer is yes, then join on our eCommerce team and help us give our online customers the experience you'd want - and one that will keep them coming back.
As a Release Manager you will own the Release Management life cycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases for the Best Buy Canada eCommerce platforms. You will work collaboratively with all participants in software development teams and be supportive of product managers, developers, designers, and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments. You\'ll also provide best practices, processes, and release governance to help product development teams manage and deploy releases into all environments.
You thrive on bringing order and predictability to releases. You are an influencer, not a director because you know that ownership drives productivity.
What you\'ll be doing:
• Document the release scope and deliverables • Define target release schedule and roll back plan • Lead and coordinate the release readiness reviews and the business Go/No-Go Activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists
• Document and communicate all changes for a release in Release Notes which are published to both the internal teams and the client • Provide release coordination and communication during and after deployment • Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes • Manage relationships and coordinate work across our globally distributed teams
Standards and Processes
• Create requests for change (RFC to Production) and obtain appropriate approvals • Challenge the existing processes and consistently adjust and improve the Release Management Process • Create key metrics to continually tune the Release Management Process • Diagram release process flow for new hires into the organization • Measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time and within the acceptance criteria, and that they meet or exceed expectations • Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
We Hope You Are Passionate About:
• You\'re a go-getter, always striving toward higher personal and business performance • Communication comes easy to you, both verbally and in writing • You strive to build and maintain positive, effective relationships that support the growth of the business
The Experience We Need:
• 4+ years of previous release and project management experience • knowledge of software development life cycles (Agile, Scrum) • Effective communication skills, written and verbal
• Previous experience working in a fast-moving ecommerce environment • Formal training in project management practices • Knowledge of ITIL processes within an Enterprise environment