Work at one of the 50 best employers in Canada! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2019 Platinum Level Best Employer! What BCAA offers you:
- It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being a 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
Our Penticton Auto Service Centre location is expanding and is looking for a Red Seal Automotive Technician
to join our BCAA Team!
The Red Seal Automotive Technician
is responsible for the successful completion of each work order assigned to them and all other repair related issues while ensuring member/customer satisfaction. The Red Seal Automotive Technician is also responsible for the continuous improvement of their quality of work including their customer handling skills.
This position maintains general knowledge of products and services for automotive services and membership/insurance products in order to ensure a seamless customer experience throughout the ASC Location.Key Responsibilities
- Properly complete the services and/or repairs with high quality in a timely manner to help deliver exceptional customer service
- Achieve technician productivity targets and customer satisfaction on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental requirements and BCAA programs that meet or exceed governmental required standards.
- Ensure that all equipment is in proper and safe working condition. Maintain an overall safe work environment for all team members and in compliance with Worksafe BC standards. Alert Management of any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Assist and mentor Apprentices / Lube Technicians, as needed, with difficult diagnosis and ensure that repair is proper and complete.
- Assist all apprentices / lube technicians in the shop as needed and oversee all comeback/recheck work for proper repair.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Complete training as assigned by BCAA.
- Ongoing review of available industry technical information to keep current of advances in technology.
- Communicate on a regular basis with Service Advisors regarding any changes in work status and/or completion status of vehicles.
- Communicate with Estimator on repairs required.
- Adhere to all applicable safety standards along with all operational policies and procedures.
- Other duties assigned as operationally necessary.
- Automotive Red Seal Certificate. Current and up-to-date training of automotive technologies, with a focus on OBD-II courses.
- 3 years of experience as Journey Person Technician.
- Ability to lift 70lbs, bend, reach, walk and stand for long periods of time
- Proven interpersonal ability and communication skills with Members/Customers, internal team members, and suppliers
- Ability to professionally represent the BCAA brand to all stakeholders
- Highly motivated to provide exceptional Member/customer experience
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and meet tight timelines
- Ability to work varied hours including evenings and weekends
- Proven analytical, problem solving, trouble shooting and decision making skills
- Demonstrated Software Skills: MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; and Automotive DMS systems and modern scan tools
- Proven track record of continuous improvement mindset
- Clean BC Driver License Class 5 or better
We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and sustainability. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.
Banking, Finance and Insurance