Amazon Web Services (AWS) is experiencing phenomenal growth as we continue innovating in different business verticals and geographies. We are looking for an experienced technical recruiting manager to lead and mentor a top recruiting team to help scale the growth of software engineering teams.
Would you like to be a part of a recruiting team that viewed as a partner at the table and leads with data? Are you a builder who thrives in solving complex operational challenges? Do you enjoy building programs and processes at exabyte scale? If so, join us to make history and have fun in the process!
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn't about which hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth:
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
• Drive sourcing capability and capacity across a geographically dispersed team within Canada to proactively build diverse technical candidate pools while leveraging all available talent channels to expedite the recruitment of market-leading engineering talent for Amazon.
• Work closely with business leaders to influence and deliver quality assessment and high touch candidate experience through all aspects of the recruitment funnel.
• Partner with key stakeholders (Business Leaders, Finance, Hiring Managers, HR Business Partners) to determine future talent needs and set and drive enabling sourcing strategies; this requires a deep understanding through extensive market research of the channels where we can find the best, diverse engineering talent.
• Build engage, manage and develop a team of high-performing recruiting staff in an extremely fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
• Set team performance goals and metrics, timelines and a formal tracking process to measure and manage progress.
• Develop and execute to plans to identify and drive productivity improvements that enable the team to deliver to hiring goals without having to scale deployed resources at a rate faster than the business is growing.
• Periodically lead and/or participate in cross-business/cross-company special projects and initiatives related to talent acquisition.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent post-secondary degree
• 8+ years of technical recruiting experience
• 2+ years management experience
• Experience building, coaching, and managing a team in a corporate environment
• Experience working with tools of the trade, including resume databases, internet sourcing tools, and spreadsheetsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience managing senior staff
• Organized and pragmatic; thrives in a results oriented environment
• Skilled at partnering with stakeholders to build sourcing, assessment, and closing strategies
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• A proven track record of growing, developing, and performance managing employees
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
• Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
• For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.