** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you a registered Radiology Technologist looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Medical Imaging department.
Reporting to the Regional Director, Diagnostic Services and the Health Service Administrator, organizes and performs x-ray examinations, ensures consistent quality of radiographs and performs related patient preparation.Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days - 08:00 to 16:00, rotating Chetwynd General Hospital
is a five acute care bed hospital, with seven long-term beds. Services include emergency, medical inpatient, palliative care, primary care nursing, home support and respiratory therapy. Chetwynd
is located in the foothills of the eastern slope of the Rocky Mountains with a population of 3100. New residents have the opportunity to make a difference where they live everyday both inside and outside of work. Come to Chetwynd and build your family village with us. Check out Chetwynd for more information on this friendly and supportive community.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Graduation from an approved radiology technology program and registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiological Technologists.Skills and Abilities:
• Experience in all type of general radiography and advanced procedures preferred.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with patients, departmental, medical and nursing staff and outside agencies.
• Organizational skills. Ability to keep abreast of technological developments in the field to ensure high standards for patient care.
• Demonstrated physical health for frequent standing, reaching, lifting and bending. Exposure to radiation and infectious materials.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
Information Technology Other