Are you someone who has a real passion for helping others? Are you a registered Radiological Technologist looking to highlight your knowledge, skills, and abilities in a new and dynamic environment? We currently have an exciting opportunity for you to bring your excellent work ethic to our Radiology department. ** Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for this position **
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, working under general supervision and practicing in accordance with the standards of professional practice and the vision and values of Northern Health, performs radiographic/fluoroscopic and related duties working in conjunction with radiologists, physicians and other health care professionals. Shift Rotation/Hours of work:
Days, Evenings - 07:30 to 15:30, 08:00 to 16:00, 08:30 to 16:30, 09:00 to 17:00, 10:30 to 18:30 rotating Prince Rupert Regional Hospital
is the largest hospital in northwest BC with 27 acute care beds. They offer emergency services, ultrasound, CT scans, surgery, extended care, pediatrics, radiology, and obstetrics. Additional services such as diabetes education, health heart and rehabilitation, podiatry, orthopedics and other visiting specialists. Prince Rupert
is a coastal port city with a population of 12,220 (2021). It is nestled into a mountain and surrounded by the Great Bear Rainforest. See rare wildlife, explore our rugged landscapes, and experience world-class fishing adventures you won't find anywhere else. Check out more on Prince Rupert , known as the halibut capital of the world.What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial support for moving expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Graduate of an accredited medical radiography program.
• Current certification with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) and eligible for membership with the BC Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (BCAMRT) and/or CAMRT. Skills and Abilities:
• Teaching: Ability to teach clients and others both one-on-one and in groups.
• Knowledge Integration: Integrates best practice and current research evidence to support professional practice decisions and actions.
• Communication: Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using, oral written and computer communication means. Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict.
• Critical Thinking: Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve and make decisions effectively. Applies the problem solving process demonstrating critical thinking and decision making skills using a systems approach.
• Management: Demonstrated ability to organize work, set objectives and establish priorities. Manages time and resources, implements activities to promote cooperation among the interdisciplinary team, supervises responsibilities of others, and collaborates across disciplines.
• Leadership: Promotes staff morale, engagement, and risk-taking. Demonstrates creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of NH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self and others.
• Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to foster teamwork and a commitment to excellence in the provision of client care.
• Equipment: Demonstrated data analysis skills including appropriate data analysis and reporting tools. Demonstrated ability in the use of e-mail and word processing. Ability to operate other related equipment as required in the specific practice area.
• Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.