MDA&rsquo s Research and Development group is looking for smart, motivated, and inquisitive students to support diverse research projects and develop software for the processing, exploitation, and visualization of remotely sensed images and derived products. Application areas include maritime surveillance, geospatial intelligence, natural resource monitoring, and natural hazards and disaster monitoring and response.
We are seeking a motivated junior research analyst with a strong background in mathematics, physics, engineering or computer science to join the MDA Research and Development (R& D) team for 8 months. The work involves algorithm development, coding, image analysis, data analytics and machine learning. Main responsibilities would include:
Experience and Skills Required
- Support analysis of complex research problems in the fields of remote sensing
- Support creation of a deep learning test-bed environment for algorithm development, training and testing
- Support collation and preparation of radar, optical and ground truth data sets for deep learning
- Development of computationally intensive algorithms to advance existing software solutions in the R& D department, including for the processing of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) and optical image data
- Software prototyping and software test case construction, execution, and testing
- Support the preparation of technical documents and presentations.
- Operating Systems: Linux, Windows
- Languages: Python, MATLAB, C, C++
- Methoodologies: Object Oriented Design
- Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Machine Learning: Libraries and frameworks (e.g. scikit-learn, TensorFlow), Models (SVM, neural nets, etc.), Deep Learning, GPU utilization
- Highly motivated &ndash contributes to problem solving within the team
- Able to understand and work with complex research tasks
- Participates in and contributes to team environment
- Strong verbal and written technical communication skills
- Problem decomposition and algorithm development
- Physics: Optics, remote sensing, Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR)
- Mathematics: Probability and statistics, linear algebra, vector geometry, linear and non-linear optimization techniques
- Signal Processing: Image processing, statistical signal processing, signal theory, filtering
- Other technical skills: Geospatial Analysis, Git/Subversion, Test Driven Development, Software Design, Databases, AWS, and OpenCV
Note that not all skills are necessary and we will strive to assign tasks based on skill set and desired work. Comments/Special Considerations:
Successful candidate(s) must be able to obtain and hold security clearance at the Reliability level.
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Primary ActivitiesCandidate Profile
Posted: November 13, 2018
Closes: January 12, 2019