Job Description Quality System and Complaince Specialist Richmond, BC
At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry's AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally. Summary of role
The Quality System and Compliance Specialist is responsible for developing and maintaining the corporate Quality System globally and in doing so ensuring that all external and applicable Quality Management System standard requirements are met. In addition, in support of our operational processes, the specialist will assess/interpret relevant external compliance requirements for supplied parts and our products and will subsequently ensure that effective processes are in place so that compliance can be clearly demonstrated. This is a key role in the Quality team which requires frequent interaction and presentation of information to senior operational managers and directors. Primary responsibilities
• Maintain effective operation and continued development of the Quality Management System. • Ensure process consistency and compliance in all global locations. • Conduct Management review and Risk/Opportunity assessment meetings. • Establish and maintain Quality reporting KPI's and generate data analysis of results/trends. • Manage the Corrective Action process and facilitate completion of actions in a timely manner. • Define and facilitate the Internal Audit process to support the business plan. • Provide training to staff on the Quality System and Quality tools/processes as necessary. • Champion process improvement projects companywide through to implementation. • Maintain an effective compliance program, UL/CSA, ROHS, WEEE, Conflict Minerals, etc…. • Identify and provide guidance on relevant external standards relating to compliance. • Develop operating procedures and work instructions as necessary. • Conduct internal audits as a Lead Auditor in support of the QMS. Other responsibilities
• Support the Quality team with resolution of product quality issues as required. • Other duties as necessary. Qualifications Education:
• A degree in a relevant engineering discipline. • CQE/CQM ASQ certification. • Black belt Six Sigma certification. Experience:
• 10+ years of experience implementing, developing and maintaining Quality Management Systems (ISO9001 mandatory and ISO14001 an advantage). • 5+ years of experience working with compliance requirements, UL/CSA, ROHS, WEEE, etc. • 5+ years of experience in a Mechanical and/or Electronic product manufacturing environment. • Conducting Quality System audits as a Lead Auditor. • Leading improvement initiatives and process development with manufacturing teams. • Continuous improvement in a LEAN manufacturing environment is a definite asset, as is involvement with Kaizen and/or 5S projects or initiatives. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills. • Strong data analysis skillset, prior use of SAP, Agile/PLM, Sharepoint would be an advantage. • Process orientated mindset with strong process discipline and problem-solving capability. • Good technical knowledge with ability to communicate technical issues concisely. • Able to work independently with minimal supervision, to meet departmental objectives while fostering co-operative relationships with stakeholders. Other Items (ie. travel):
• May be required to travel occasionally to support various operational initiatives. Working Conditions:
• Office and Factory environments Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.