Who are we?
Imagine playing a role to create products that save people's lives. At Mustang Survival, you can. The Mustang Survival brand represents leading-edge extreme environmental protection for elite users including rescue workers, coast guard, fighter jet pilots, fishermen, sailors, paddlers, and even NASA astronauts. Our mission is bold, "We Save Lives for a Living", and requires courageous leaders. If you want a career that is challenging, energizing, and rewarding, come join us to push the boundaries of survival technology to deliver the ultimate user experience on the water through inspired technical solutions.
What are we looking for?
As a Quality & Repairs Engineer, the primary objective is delivering a World-class Customer Experience by providing great Product support in the field and championing reparability and sustainability during new product development. The Quality & Repair Engineer acts as a liaison between Development, Engineering, Sourcing, Merchandising, Brand Management, Legal and Vendors on questions and/or issues relating to product compliance.
What will you be doing?
- Provide multi-facility technical support to the Repairs teams to strive to increase the life of products and reduce waste.
- Administer and manage the Repairs system adding/editing/validating repairs as required.
- Work with Manufacturing and Product Development teams to create repairs guidelines/processes to guide Repairs teams on allowable repairs. Effectively describe these to the Management team.
- Support Approved Service Centres by coordinating materials and repairs guidance.
- Coordinate repair material replenishment from Contract Manufacturers with the Supply Chain team to ensure availability.
Quality Management System
- Deliver and communicate insightful metrics from the Repairs system to the Management team for warranty and non-warranty repairs.
- Create dashboards using SQL queries to pull data from databases to understand quality issues.
- Support Customer Experience team by being responsive to Customer queries and repairs quotations.
- Investigate customer complaints related to products.
- Perform data analysis and provide regular reports on product failures, repairs, returns, and complaints to drive improvements in design and manufacturing.
- Return to Vendor process support.
- Create content for website to educate customers related to product use, care, maintenance, and repair.
- Provide Product Development teams with inputs concerning issues reported from the field.
- Champion reparability of products during development cycle.
- Consider after-market support requirements including allowable customizations, product care and maintenance.
- Establish sustainability guidelines to project teams to ensure business goals are achieved.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent education and experience in a related field.
- Professional certification in Quality Assurance is a plus.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance, Engineering, or a similar field.
- Hands-on experience with tooling and materials joining.
- Canadian Controlled Goods and ITARs eligibility.
- Experience in garment prototyping, alteration repair is preferred.
- Ability to operate industrial sewing machines (Lockstitch, Chain-Stitch, and/or Cycle Shift) or other machinery (manual or programmable) is preferred but can be trained.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret technical specifications, drawings, standards, and regulations.
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office, Windows and Internet is required.
- Excellent data collection and analysis skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Solid knowledge of relevant regulatory and industry standards.
- Integrity and willingness to be the voice of quality in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to perform all other quality related tasks with minimal supervision.
- Able to work with autotomy, finding answers/solutions with colleagues and driving actions to completion with efficiency.
Engineering Manufacturing and Production Sports and Recreation