Job Description Summary
This role reports to the Program Manager, Quality Control, Raw Materials, and is responsible for the inspection and sampling of incoming raw materials used in regulated and non-regulated manufacturing. The QC Specialist, Raw Materials is also expected to generate and update raw material specifications and documents pertaining to the management of raw materials.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately follow established procedures and perform tasks in accordance with the compliance requirements
- Perform inspection, sampling and support release of incoming raw materials used in regulated and non-regulated manufacturing.
- Participate in the creation and revision of raw material specification.
- Participate in non-conformance investigations, supplier change notification assessments, corrective and preventative actions and change control with specific emphasis on utilization of product and compliance knowledge.
- Support raw material sample distribution to testing teams (internal or external laboratories)
- Participate in projects for continuous improvement initiatives within QC department and corporately
- Assist in preparation and review of quality records including standard operation procedures (SOPs)
- Perform tasks in QC Raw Materials team as required
- Occasional weekend work (Saturday and/or Sunday) may be required
- BSc. in one of life sciences with 3-5 years industry experience.
- Experience in raw material specification review and documentation.
- Experience working in a higher compliance environment is an asset.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate, multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be well-organized, capable of accurate record-keeping and pay close attention-to-detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!