Kardium has an exciting opportunity for a Quality Control Engineer as we make the transition to commercial production.
As a member of the Quality Control Team, you will collaborate with the Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Risk Management teams in planning and executing our quality assurance program. Critical to the success of this function is your high attention to detail and rigor to follow established protocols to ensure all regulatory standards are met.
As the Quality Control Engineer, your responsibilities include:
- Creating and maintaining quality control specifications for incoming components and in-process inspections in collaboration with Engineering and Risk Management teams.
- Write technical documentation related to quality control, such as quality control work instructions and quality control test protocols.
- Develop and qualify new testing methods using measurement system analysis methodologies, such as gauge repeatability and reproducibility (gauge R&R).
- Contributing to the identification of quality control indicators, such as first-pass yield, scrap rate, and rework rate.
- Participate in non-conformance investigations and recommend corrective actions.
- Perform incoming and in-process inspections as required.
- Perform trend analysis and implement continuous improvement programs to improve the quality of products manufactured in house.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Must have a technical degree (preferably in Mechanical Engineering) and relevant working experience in quality control.
- Must be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of SPC and its applications.
- Must be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of measurement systems analysis, mainly gauge R&R.
- Must be able to show a good knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Comprehensive knowledge of measuring equipment and measuring techniques.
- Excellent written & verbal communication and technical documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and ability to come up to speed quickly on complex subject matter.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of varying production schedules, and to take on additional responsibilities as appropriate.
How to apply…
If this position appeals to you, apply today through this website or by sending your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
Engineering Manufacturing and Production Quality Assurance