Job Description Summary
The QC Analyst is responsible for testing of finished regulated and non-regulated products, in-process products and raw materials, including all analysis and documentation. May also perform experiments related to troubleshooting, customer complaint investigations and other product-related problems.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform QC tests on Pluripotent and Specialized Media products according to approved procedures, including data analysis and report preparation
- Participation in and compliance to QMS
- Participate in the development of QC testing procedures
- Cell culture and processing for various applications
- Operation of specialized lab equipment as required (eg. Flow cytometer)
- Perform non-routine analysis and testing with direction (eg. troubleshooting, customer complaint investigations, process development, research and development projects)
- General laboratory and equipment maintenance and monitoring
- Communicate with supervisors and coworkers to promote a safe and cooperative working environment
- BSc or technical degree with 0-2 years related laboratory experience.
- Ability to work with precision and accuracy
- Excellent attention-to-detail and record-keeping skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications
- Experience with cell culturing techniques will be a preferred asset
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!