Job Description Summary
The Quality Assurance Specialist role at STEMCELL assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of the STEMCELL Quality Management System (QMS) and compliance to applicable regulations. It gives the opportunity to exercise independent judgment in evaluating complex problems and applying current methodologies and practices to resolve identified issues. STEMCELL is a dynamic workplace that pursues cutting edge technologies and practices which translates to this role managing complex sources of data that require in-depth critical thinking and reviewing the impact to the department, organization and customersJob Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the corporate-wide Quality Management System (QMS) required for the manufacture and distribution of STEMCELL products which include regulated and non-regulated products.
- Actively support the Nonconformance, CAPA & Supplier Corrective Action systems.
- Conduct and facilitate investigations internally and externally using industry standard methods for root cause determinations and identification of meaningful corrective and preventative actions.
- Conduct internal and external audits to measure compliance to relevant standards, directives, regulations and policies.
- Prepare, review, implement and improve procedures and processes across the organization to align with corporate initiatives and strategies with a focus on Quality systems.
- Review and approval of proposed changes supporting the change control system.
- Investigate and understand all processes involved in the product life cycle.
- Collaborate with multiple internal disciplines and external product, process and program teams to represent compliance requirements within the QMS.
- Create and lead training initiatives specific to quality.
- Identify and evaluate gaps in the QMS that cause risk to the business.
- Support the Quality team in day to day activities.
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree or Technical Diploma in a relevant field.
- 6+ years' experience in quality assurance and/or regulatory in the biotech industry or equivalent. Direct experience with investigations and/or continuous improvement is an asset.
- In depth knowledge of regulatory requirements (e.g. ISO 13485, ISO 9001, CE medical and IVD device directives, cGMP, etc.) is required.
- Proven ability to coordinate and execute responsibilities relating to Quality Assurance using a high level of critical thinking.
- Excellent technical report writing and strong ability to understand and analyze technical documents, processes, regulations, industry standards and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability in project management and time management to ensure completion of tasks on a priority basis.
- Comfortable making presentations before groups.
- Ability to question and not always be satisfied with the status quo.
- Willingness to learn and assume new responsibilities.
- Ability to exercise judgement to find an effective balance between compliance and efficiency.
- Good interpersonal skills; self-motivated and independent work ethic.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Willing to commit to some occasional travel globally (post COVID-19)
This role requires vaccination against COVID-19 as per the current recommendations by local health authorities, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and where available.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!