You are self-motivated. You think like an entrepreneur, constantly innovating and driving positive change, but more importantly, you consistently deliver mind-boggling results. A role at Zappos is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We're a company that isn't afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too. This position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills. If you are selected, you have the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by inventing, enhancing and building world class systems, delivering results, working on exciting and challenging projects.
Zappos Digital customer experience team is looking for a QA Engineer - II to test new and exciting next-gen experiences for our customers that differentiate us in the e-commerce space. The candidate must have the ability to test mid-size applications/components/services. Must have a solid understanding of the test strategies and methodologies used in your technology domain.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
• 2+ Years of strong QA experience
• Proficient in software development methodology with coding experience in Java or other object oriented programming languages
• Strong background in software quality, test automation frameworks and testing methodologies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• You are able to work independently and with your team to deliver test plans and test cases successfully.
• Work is consistently of a high quality (e.g., thorough, thoughtful, data-driven) and incorporates best practices.
• Test plan, script and test case reviews tend to be rapid and uneventful.
• Proactive - Constructively identify problems and propose solutions, taking on projects that identify and mitigate risk while measuring software quality; make improvements to your team's processes and question the defined set of tests.
• Automation - write scripts and tests that are maintainable and reusable, identify bugs and do not produce false positives.
• Understanding of QA processes and concepts including test case preparation, and methodologies, agile a plus; Work with product owners defining, and refining user stories; Generating and communicating meaningful development metrics.
• Online retail experience is a plus
Law Enforcement and Security Quality Assurance