Amazon Photos helps consumers preserve and re-live their memories. The service comes with unlimited photo storage for Prime members and apps are available on iOS, Android, Web, Desktop, Fire Tablet & Fire TV. The service is also integrated into Alexa devices such as Echo Show and Echo Spot. Amazon Photos is the latest digital offering to consumers released on the heels of the Amazon Music and Amazon Video offerings. We have ambitious goals to scale growth and adoption of the service around the world and delight our customers with a great product.
What you will do:
You will lead quality processes and you will be responsible for delivering a high-quality bar of Photos products on any of the mobile applications, web and desktop products. The Photos teams are building cutting edge test solutions that will continue to evolve. You will use your solid software testing foundation, experience and skills in the quality field to solve complex test problems. You will be an individual with strong drive for results, good interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment. You will be capable of understanding software systems and developing the tools to test the same. You will be able to continuously raise the bar for quality assurance practices, establishing and documenting procedures which are applicable company-wide. You will be abreast of the latest technologies both in the company and industry and be able to utilize them to good effect.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a talented Quality Assurance Engineer with a strong testing and technical background and has a keen eye on quality. We are seeking independent, self-driven quality engineer who can also work collaboratively with the larger quality team as well as the product stakeholders. We are in need of quality personnel who is also passionate about delivering high-quality product that brings joy to our customers and who has mastered working backwards from customer experiences. We want the engineer to have capabilities to develop and maintain test automation scripts, who invents and simplifies redundant test processes.
Why you want to be on the Photos team:
We're passionate technology professionals, photographers and photo enthusiasts who are genuinely excited about how we can make preserving and re-living digital photographs a simple joy. We're a close-knit team of friendly, collaborative people who love working together and having fun together. And did I mention that we love our dogs?
The ideal candidate will write introductory email like this when applying for the role: "I've worked in testing of various agile software solutions for 6[+] years delivering high quality mobile, web and/or desktop applications. I've led the quality efforts for large scale projects and I've figured out to balance between releasing products in a timely manner to customers and insisting on the highest standards. I've a record of being a collaborative team member who understands having backbone to advocate on behalf of customers as well as to backoff and commit when decisions are made with larger interest in consideration. I am excited by the Amazon Photos business and the prospect of working in an entrepreneurial environment to help a new business scale with Amazon class quality.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in manual testing
• Experience in automation testing
• Bachelor's Degree
• A Bachelor's degree in CS or related field + 6 years of related experience or Master's degree in Computer Science + 4 years of experience in testing or development is desired
• Programming experience with Java, .Net, C++ or Perl is required for this position.
• Experience developing test automation tools and frameworks.
• Experience with functional, performance and stress testing for both web / mobile applications and back end services
• Experience developing high quality test strategies and test plans.
• Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills and an ability to come up with creative solutions to impossible-to-solve problemsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Passion for and knowledge of Photos domain and digital entertainment
• Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
• Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills and an ability to come up with creative solutions to ambiguous problems
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Proven success in communicating across engineering, product teams and leadership
• Experience driving technological and process innovation
• Passion to invent new systems and mechanisms in place of legacy artifacts and processes