The World Wide Consumer Talent Products Team is seeking innovative, results-oriented, Quality Assurance Engineers who are driven to test our software and automate the processes that ensure the quality of our for internal talent product websites, applications, and services. You will have an opportunity to influence the product testing and automation of new latest talent products. This is a hands-on position, and will include working with the product owners, developers, operations and other test stakeholders to produce and automate an extensive range of complex test cases. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual to have an impact in this rapidly growing Talent Product Team within Amazon.com.
A day in the life
About the hiring group
The mission of WW Consumer Talent Products Team (TPT) is to build the world's best HR products. TPT is an insurgent, innovative, startup team that builds game-changing, intelligent products that challenge the status quo and cultivate Day One culture at scale. The team starts with the unique scale and complexity of the WW Consumer and Talent business as a way to incubate enterprise-wide innovation and applies science, technology, and customer obsessed product design to help Amazonians make informed long-term decisions about talent and spend more time focusing on the end customer.
• Perform necessary manual validation across platforms and create thorough test modules.
• Review product user interface for conformity to guidelines.
• Validate changes and perform targeted regression tests against releases.
• Identify, document and track bugs through resolution.
• Develop blackbox UI automation.
• Identify product defects by utilizing techniques like exploratory testing.
• Vet automation reports, investigate failures and fix any false positives.
• Take the lead to create and maintain test cases, and update to cover new failure cases.
• Track multiple test projects and maintain reporting to partners throughout development cycle.
• Working closely with development and business teams to communicate impacts and to understand business requirements.
• Performed root cause analysis investigating and troubleshooting errant product behavior.
• Be a vocal proponent for the customer and push for quality in every phase of the development process.
• Continue to refine test processes and education by participating in Amazon QA org activities/training.
• Provide guidance to developers/TPMs using your deep understanding of customer use cases.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn't about which hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Minimum of 4 years' related experience in software testing, supporting web applications, and application of QA methodology and tools.
• Experience in test planning, test , test strategy, test automation and test execution.
• Fluent in at least one scripting language; ability to do reviews for other QAE, write scripts; test and identify solution to the problem.
• Experience driving end-to-end software quality.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated QA experience in an SDET or QAE role.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with AWS.
• Practical coding experience with automated testing tools, services.
• Skilled in one programming language like Java, C, C++ etc
• Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate impacts and to understand business requirements.
• Strong organizational skills, demonstrated ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize results.
• Creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness for the entire team.
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
• Thought leadership on emerging quality assurance methodologies and best practices.
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.