Amazon's mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find anything they want to buy, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices. To fulfill that mission, Amazon is continuously looking to hire pioneers, innovators, and leaders that deliver that mission. The Candidate Experience Technology (CXT) team supports Amazon's mission by building global, scalable, flexible, and highly available products that enable a person interested in working at Amazon to seamlessly learn about Amazon's culture, discover new job opportunities, apply, and manage their application from submission to Day 1.
A day in the life
As a Quality Assurance Engineer on the team, you will define testing strategy for critical and strategic products in our organization, drive quality improvements on the team by identifying gaps in our process, tools, technologies, maintain our suite of automated integration tests and test cases, and raise the team's quality bar.
About the hiring group
The Candidate Experience Tech team guides candidates at every stage of their Amazon career - from discovering their first job, to applying and onboarding, transferring internally, and returning to Amazon - with the information they need to find the right position for them, and the ability to engage with Amazon via their preferred communication channel. CXT unifies these experiences in one place while supporting hiring managers and recruiters.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
• 3+ years experience in creating, managing and implementing test plans
• Understanding of QA processes and concepts including test case preparation, and testing methodologies, agile a plus.
• Experience generating and communicating meaningful development metrics.
• Experience working with product owners defining, and refining user stories.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in manual testing
• 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in automation testingPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and automation tools, with demonstrated QA experience in an SDET or QAE role.
• Strong organizational skills, demonstrated ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and synthesize results.
• Creativity and initiative to improve test coverage, effectiveness and test process.
• Proficiency in at least one programming language (Java, C/C++, C#, Python)
• Experience with load/performance testing, accessibility testing, and testing for security requirements