Are you interested in Alexa App and Mobile development?
Do you want to work on a product which is used by millions of customers? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge mobile technology in a fast-paced team environment? Do you love working on industry defining projects that move the needle?
The Alexa Household Organization mobile team is looking for a talented quality assurance engineer to provide coding and testing expertise to the team as well as being a constant advocate for customers.
The Household Organization (HHO) is working to make Alexa an indispensable assistant in the home. We build Alexa features such as Timers, Alarms, Reminders, Calendar, Email, Photos, Recipes with the long-term vision to build an intelligent assistant in all household areas.
As a QAE, you will design and define our QA processes and develop repeatable and automatable QA systems. You will work with product, engineering, and delivery managers along with engineers to understand features and technical implementation. You will identify use cases, create test plans, define test strategies, and create manual and automated test cases in order to report to stakeholders on the quality and reliability of our products.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS degree in computer science or equivalent experience
• 3+ years experience in creating, managing and implementing test plans
• Understanding of QA processes and concepts including test case preparation, and testing methodologies, agile a plus.
• Experience generating and communicating meaningful development metrics
• Experience working with product owners defining, and refining user stories
• Agile Testing Experience in an agile development environment (e.g. SCRUM/XP/Kanban) with experience writing acceptance criteria for user storiesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements
• Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
• Experience in a senior IC or lead role in Quality Assurance or Quality Engineering or Software Testing
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
• Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines
• Strong sense of ownership, customer focus and ability to dive deep into details