Amazon Chime is looking for a seasoned QA Engineer to join our growing team. Amazon believes deeply in the mission of simple and unified cloud-based collaboration, and Amazon Chime (https://chime.aws/) is improving the way millions of customers will collaborate. Amazon Chime provides a fully unified experience to conduct online meetings, video teleconferencing, chat, as well as personal and business calling.
Amazon Chime QA Engineers work closely with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation and also work with groups such as Product Management and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. You will play a key role in building our software products and integrating our services and supported devices. You will use a wide range of technologies, tools and processes to ensure the highest quality product possible. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of QA including test definition and automation of test infrastructure to support black, gray and white box testing methodologies.
We are eager to add this role to our team in Vancouver, CN, San Francisco, CA, or Seattle, WA.
• Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against schedules
• Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality
• Champion the quality of features in our development pipeline using both automated and manual tests, reporting and verifying defects, and signing-off on features and release candidates
• Drive quality initiatives and point out areas that require attention
• Be able to define success criteria broadly and deeply within the system
• Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years of hands-on experience with the ownership of software project testing: defining test strategy, writing test plans, designing and executing software tests, iterative development process improvement.
• Knowledge of QA methodology and industry-standard testing and bug tracking tools.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
• Demonstrated experience in writing and utilizing high-quality automation to solve test problems.
• Software QA automation experience working with at least one programming language such as: Java, C#, Swift, Python.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
• Experience with Windows application development or testing.
• Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers.
• Experience with real-time media
• Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, and drive.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practice.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.