DESCRIPTION TSO Logic is a proud new team within Amazon Web Services (AWS) Migration Services. Our service delivers accurate data-driven recommendations to right-size and right-cost compute. Our predictive analytics provide guidance and insights to create an optimized path for migration from on-premise to AWS.
Demands for our services are ramping up quickly and we are looking to accelerate our growth.
We are looking for a motivated and results-oriented Quality Assurance Engineer II (QAE II) to join our talented team and help us achieve a comprehensive and efficient Customer Experience pipeline.
You will serve as the quality assurance engineer for our core product, collaborating with QA team members, software engineers, product and business owners. You will scope test requirements, build test plans, design develop automated tests drive the quality of our product. You will get the opportunity to define quality metrics for complex products, and identify trends to prevent future defects. You will work closely with Engineering, Product, Assessment and Business teams as you develop high quality test plans for new features. As a QAE II, you will also get multiple opportunities to show your leadership skills and recommend improvements to the way systems are designed and tested across all services delivered and supported by TSO Logic Team.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering scalable test infrastructure and products. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of computer science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
The candidate must be self-driven individual passionate about quality of the releasing product working both independently as well as in collaboration with the development and QA team in an agile environment.
• Define test plans and review them with stakeholders, improve test coverage, review and fill the gaps.
• Test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools.
• Test at the appropriate level and are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests with scripts and/or user-level automation tools.
• Implement best practices; including a variety of different testing protocols, tools and metrics.
• Automate repeated tasks and test execution is how you operate as part of your testing strategy.
• Work with the rest of QA team to help to improve ratio of manual tests vs automated tests by growing the automation framework and test coverage. Assist in building tools and frameworks for automated testing.
• Work with Software Development Engineers, and Business Owners to understand technical implementation of features.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field or 3+ years of software quality assurance automation experience
• 3+ years of hands-on experience with the ownership of software project testing: defining test strategy, writing test plans, designing and executing software tests, iterative development process improvement
• Demonstrated knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
• Familiarity with at least one programming language such as Java, C#, Python, C++
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • BSc degree, preferably in Computer Science, engineering or other technical field
• Experience with Selenium or other automation framework
• Demonstrated experience in Quality Assurance(QA) automation test framework design and development
• Ability to write complex SQL queries
• Demonstrated experience utilizing high-quality automation to solve test problems
• Experience with testing methodologies such as BDD, TDD, regression, automation, exploratory testing, etc