Job description: Amazon Photos helps consumers preserve and re-live their memories. The service comes with unlimited photo storage for Prime members and apps are available on iOS, Android, Web, Desktop, Fire Tablet & Fire TV. The service is also integrated into Alexa devices such as Echo Show and Echo Spot. Amazon Photos is the latest digital offering to consumers released on the heels of the Amazon Music and Amazon Video offerings. We have ambitious goals to scale growth and adoption of the service around the world and delight our customers with a phenomenal product.
What you will do: You'll build and maintain test infrastructure for a multi-platform (mobile, web, Alexa) product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product. You will work alongside other Quality assurance engineers (QAE's) to design, develop and execute comprehensive test strategies, test plans and manual test cases to validate new features. You will support automation frameworks that work across a wide range of Amazon devices with software configuration management (SCM) to establish a continuous build and test cycle. You'll collaborate with Developers, Software Developers in Test (SDET's), QAE's, QA managers (QAM's), Software Development Engineers (SDE's), Product managers and Technical program managers and earn their trust with a dedication to team work, delivery, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners). You will bring technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals and practical experience building scalable software test infrastructure consisting of manual testing, test automation, functional and non-functional test requirements. You will leverage the existing automation framework to design, create and maintain an automated regression test suite. You will create and report test execution status summary along with defect information.
Why you want to be on the Photos team: We're hardworking technology professionals, photographers and photo enthusiasts who are genuinely passionate about how we can make preserving and re-living digital photographs a simple joy. We're a close-knit team of friendly, collaborative people who love working together and having fun together. We're super smart and love learning. And did I mention that we also love our dogs?BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in manual testing
• Experience in automation testing
• Bachelor's Degree
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Familiar with mobile UI automation testing
• Demonstrate experience creating test strategy, test plan and test cases
• Experience of working in software development lifecycle and manual testing
• Has experience in Defect managementPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Exposure to one modern programming language such as Java or Kotlin or automation framework such as Espresso, tools and services on Android devices
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience with Agile testing methodologies and best practices
"Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us."