Are you a Quality Assurance Engineer with a passion for building great experiences? Are you looking for an opportunity to make a big impact in a company with a global impact and a startup culture?
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking Amazon device designed to respond to your voice commands and queries. We're building solutions and applications behind Alexa products and services to directly bring joy to people's day to day lives. We're working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team!
The Alexa smart home security team is focused on bringing Alexa customers peace of mind, safety, and security about their households and loved ones. We build Alexa features such as Alexa Guard and integration with smart devices, such as contact/motion sensors, cameras, security systems, etc.
About Alexa Guard:
Alexa can help keep your home safe when you're away with Alexa Guard-just say, "Alexa, I'm leaving" to activate Guard. When you enable Guard, Alexa can send you Smart Alerts about the sound of glass-breaking, smoke detectors, or carbon monoxide alarms detected in your home. Alexa can also intuitively turn lights on and off to help deter intruders using Away Lighting and can integrate with alarm systems from Ring and ADT to keep your home safe.
• You will be responsible for all testing of an entire project across various platforms
• You will own the development and execution of test plans and test cases for multiple features of an application
• You will develop and maintain testing strategies, including manual and automation testing.
• You will ensure comprehensive test coverage by working closely with the product and engineering teams to prioritize testing execution and report on test execution progress and results.
• You will participate in design and specification reviews, and use this information to design test plans.
• You will promote QA productivity through automation, tools, and other best practices.
• You will promote a culture of quality throughout the organization.
• You will interact and collaborate with the other development groups at Alexa and other organizations within the Amazon group of companies.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
• Experience in manual testing
• Experience in automation testingPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors of Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field
• Coding experience in Java, Python, or any other coding language.
• Experience with black box and white box testing with understanding of/experience with SQA methodologies, techniques and approaches
• Ownership of test plan development and execution for customer facing applications
• Experience with a types of testing including regression, performance, stress, unit, API, integration, and security testing
• In-depth experience with mobile application testing
• Experience working in a related technical integration capacity (build/integration engineer)
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong desire to deliver an excellent customer experience
• Track record of building and maintaining excellent working relationships with peers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Software and Programming