Quality Assurance Automation Engineer Position Overview BCAA has been recognized as one of Canada's 50 Best Employers for 2018! Business and IT Solutions
BCAA is hiring for a regular full-time QA Automation Engineer
who will be based out of Burnaby Head Office.
As a QA Automation Engineer (aka QAAE) , you will be part of our SCRUM teams and responsible for delivery of exceptional software quality through test automation and QA best practices.
Agile and SCRUM are under your skin and you enjoy spreading their adoption and making them better. You provide leadership and assistance to less experienced team members in more complex situations. Key Responsibilities Include The Job
• Assess and recommend tools and technologies to improve, maintain and expand test automation framework for mobile apps and web applications Minimum Qualifications The Ideal Candidate: You have a Team First mindset and an aversion to 'It's not my job' attitude. You know the importance of being proactive when dealing with issues and challenges. By the way, you have excellent oral and written communication, too.
• Analyze business requirements and use cases to estimate efforts and develop testing strategies.
• Develop and maintain well written test plans and test cases.
• Develop and maintain well performing automated test scripts using programming or scripting languages.
• Execute automated scripts for functional, regression, performance and load testing.
• Perform manual testing where needed to support development of test automation, or when automated testing is not appropriate or cost effective.
• May be required to perform business analysis and development on an as needed basis.
• Advocate development practices that support testability, defect prevention and early detection of defects.
• Ensure optimal a utomated test coverage to include most common and business critical business flows.
• Carries out other related tasks and projects as agreed upon by team.
• Relentlessly seeks out continuous improvement opportunities.
•Degree in Computing Science. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.Experience:
•Minimum 4 years of relevant experience, of which:Technical knowledge:
•1 to 2 years in application development
•1+ years solid hands-on experience in designing and developing test automation frameworks
•1-2 years in a QA role
•Ability to query database through SQL queries.
•QA experience with browser based and web-based Java or .NET applications.
•Familiar with Agile & Scrum practices.
•Working knowledge of automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, Extent, TestNG and Bamboo.
•Experience in supporting non technical team members to leverage test automation framework for automated testing.
•Good understanding of software testing methodologies.
•Active participant in discussions.
•Excellent oral and written communication skills.
•Keen attention to details.
•Self-starter and a strong team player.
•Demonstrated ability to be proactive when dealing with issues and challenges.
•Excellent analytical and trouble shooting skills.
•Excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills.
•Experience in business analysis Background Check Requirements:
•Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment
• ALL SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE BACKGROUND CHECKS, WHICH MAY INCLUDE CRIMINAL, CREDIT, CREDENTIAL & REFERENCE CHECKS. Division
CIO Job Status
Regular Full Time (RFT) Location Name
Head Office (Burnaby) Location Name
Burnaby Compensation & Benefits Overview
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview. PLEASE NOTE: ALL SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE BACKGROUND CHECKS, WHICH MAY INCLUDE CRIMINAL, CREDIT, CREDENTIAL & REFERENCE CHECKS.
Posted: November 19, 2018
Closes: January 18, 2019