Union - CUPE Local 402
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, the City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city-and their careers-forward.
Reporting to the City of Surrey IT Business Applications Manager, the Senior Quality Assurance Analyst will work as part of the City's IT team supporting the policing transition. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and carrying out quality assurance services and procedures to ensure all products and services meet organizational standards and end-user requirements and are aligned with quality objectives, and enterprise architecture.
In your role you will:
- Lead and mentor the QA planning and execution of the implementation portfolio.
- Craft test plans, create and modify functional test cases, produce test data, oversee test execution, record test results and defects, participate in defect triaging.
- Coordinate and capture the results of performance testing, system integration testing and applications and systems security testing.
- Assign and oversee the work of testing resources - typically business Subject Matter Experts (SME's), IT staff and/or vendor resources.
- Communicate QA progress and test results and escalate blockers to the Program Manager and Project Managers
- Easily and effectively communicate technical information with key resources from multiple projects (i.e. Program Manager, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Functional Analysts, Application Analysts, Testers and SME's)
- Build strong working relationships with external contacts that interact with various project teams
- Ensure QA resources adhere to general policies, practices and methods
- Display a sense of urgency to meet time sensitive deadlines and deliver exceptional results.
- Completion of a degree in a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution, plus 4 years related experience or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA) or Certified Software Tester (CTSE) or other recognized Quality Assurance certification is an asset.
- Experience performing quality assurance at a senior level.
- Experience with Enterprise Application and API testing is an asset.
- Experience with application and system security testing is an asset.
- Proven knowledge and experience with quality methodologies and frameworks.
Conditions of Employment
This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
This job will be posted until September 21, 2020.
Our Values Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community