IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a QA Lead to join our client in Burnaby, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- Develop an integrated project plan and subsequently execute and monitor the plan.
- Direct the activities of internal and external (contracted) resources as required by the project.
- Develop and manage the project governance structure to drive consensus on project issues and achieve desired outcomes.
- Prepare and communicate detailed monthly and ad hoc reports to stakeholders including status reports and updates to the Program Manager and, when required, the Project Steering Committee (PSC).
- Scope Management: utilize the project governance structure to establish and maintain clear project boundaries and agreement on project scope.
- Schedule Management: establish and monitor project schedule ensuring adherence to key milestones.
- Risk Management: identify and monitor risks and propose mitigation strategies as appropriate.
- Resolve high impact risks and issues across inter-related projects.
- Team Leadership: manage a diverse team comprised of internal and external resources, technical experts. and senior leaders in the organization. Well-developed interpersonal skills and business acumen will be critical.
- Budget and Contract Management: manage the project budget including sub-contractor and supplier performance.
- Software quality assurance management: oversee the software quality assurance testing effort (test strategy, test plan, schedule, resource plan, testing effort, etc.) throughout the project life cycle.
- Strong adherence to the Software Quality Assurance methodology, guidelines and best practices.
- Strong adherence to Project Management Methodology (Atlas)including the creation of various project documents and other artefacts, as well as those created by project team members.
Top Skills Required
- Experience in the Transit business domain is desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Diploma in an applicable area such as Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of full cycle technology project management experience, from conceptual, to requirements gathering, to system design, system build, system testing, commissioning, and cutover. Solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies, and best practices.
- Senior level experience with and understanding of Software Quality Assurance (QA)
- testing methodologies and best practices.
- Senior level experience with developing QA testing strategies and test plans to support the same.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is a plus but not a mandatory requirement.
- Ability to work within corporate PMO guidelines.
- Strong leadership, management, and problem-solving skills.
- Senior level experience in developing and implementing technology projects and business process initiatives designed to improve efficiencies. Must have managed project with budgets in excess of $2M and teams of more than 10 people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills combined with highly developed communications skills, both verbal and written, are a must.
- Experienced working with, communicating to, and making formal presentations and recommendations to senior management within a large, complex organization.
- Extensive and proven experience facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.