IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a Python Developer to join our client in Vancouver, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- Be excited to work with talented, committed people in a fast-paced environment
- Be passionate about energy consumption and making a difference in the world
- Love developing great software -- some of your proudest moments involve pushing new features with high quality to delight your users
- Be capable of prioritizing your work to adhere to a deliverable schedule and ensure successful delivery that exceeds expectations
- Be ready, able, and willing to jump onto a call with a partner or customer to help solve problems
- Have a strong eye for detail and quality of your code
- Not be afraid to dig into hard problems, and enjoy experimenting to come up with simple, elegant solutions
Top Skills Required
- You are an experienced developer - you ideally have 4-8 years of professional experience
- Python experience, preferably both 2.7 and 3.x
- Experience in designing and implementing a scalable microservice architecture
- Google Cloud Platform or other cloud service provider experience
- 2+ years building and managing APIs to industry-accepted RESTful standards
- Demonstrable experience with writing unit and functional tests
- Application of industry security best practices to application and system development
- Experience working with large data sets in RDBMS, preferably PostgreSQL
- Ability to deliver against several initiatives simultaneously
- BS in Computer Science / Engineering, or demonstrable industry experience
- Experience mentoring more junior team members, pair programming, and writing supporting documentation for your work
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.