Part Time Promotions Representative
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
Rogers Sports & Media is seekingPart Time Promotions Representatives in Vancouver, B.C. You will represent JACK 96.9, KiSS RADiO, CityNews 1130 and Sportsnet 650 at the hottest events in and around Vancouver thru to the Fraser Valley.Reporting to the Promotions Coordinator: Street Team Lead, the successful candidate will love being the center of attention; will tweet, post Facebook and Instagram updates; and make sure that our stations are well represented at an array of station driven and client events.
If you love media, value making connections in the community and understand that a radio station's superpower is engaging locally and delivering positive results for clients - we encourage you to apply for this position.What you will do.
What you will bring...
- Execute station events and on-site promotions, including set-up of various signage, equipment, and driving branded vehicles
- Attend all major station promotions, designated client promotions, and non-profit street team events as required
- Assist in sourcing events to support and attend; organize on-site aspects of community cruiser programs
- Proactively engage and interact with listeners, contest winners, clients and the general public
- Brand and market the Rogers radio properties in a professional manner to entertain crowds with music, games, prizing, etc.
- Establish strong relationships with other team members and key partners
- Maintain and take promotional inventory, including signage, prizing, and equipment in the station storage area; upkeep station vehicles
- Use and understand station social media pages while on location (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok)
- Able to perform cut-ins to promote presence at an event where necessary, upkeep cruiser pages on station websites
- Provide regular event feedback to Promotions Manager
- Assist Promotions team with office work such as preparing guest lists, preparing web contests, preparing wrap reports, analyzing contest results and other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of Vancouver, the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley
- High energy, outgoing and eager to initiate conversation with the public
- Must be able to take initiative, self-manage, and flourish in a team environment
- Independent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours weekends, evenings, and holidays - occasionally on short notice
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok), Wordpress, and video editing software an asset
- Must be willing to jump into other roles as needed by station
- Must hold a valid CLASS 5 BC driver's license
- Able to set up station equipment (lifting up to 35 pounds)
Schedule: Part time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 2440 Ash St (094), Vancouver, BC
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Marketing & Promotions / Event
Requisition ID: 260173
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
Vancouver, BC, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
System Administrator, Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Part Time, Technology
Information Technology Telecommunications