Quesnel River Pulp produces 1100 tonnes per day of thermo-mechanical and bleached thermo-mechanical pulp using a high yield mechanical pulping process. We take pride in our safety record, our environmental performance, the quality of our final product, and the skill and dedication of our employees. We constantly strive to be an industry leader. Our team has an opportunity for a:Project Technologist
Reporting to the Engineering Superintendent, the Project Technologist will assist with front-end project engineering, project development, project execution and implementation as well as engineering systems management. Emphasis is placed on the management of projects from inception to completion. Diligent management of project schedule, budget, and scope is essential to be successful in this position.Summary/Description
This role provides leadership and support to the business and may vary according to the requirements of the site, projects involved and specific project team members.Requirements:
The duties include any or all the following:
The ideal candidatewould have:
- Coordinate project design work
- Development of detailed scopes of work, budgets, and schedules for capital and maintenance projects
- Act as the lead with project construction, commissioning, and handover to operations
- Provide input into the design and optimization of equipment to maximize reliability, performance, and optimize life cycle costing of projects
- Project planning, execution, and supervision
- Understand and apply applicable external codes and standards (ie. TSBC, WSBC, ANSI, API, ASME, NFPA, etc.)
- Preparation and modification of drawings using AutoCAD
- Contractor Management:
- Conducts daily morning Mill Site Hazard Assessment and performs safety observations (SOR’s) on Contractors and mill crews to ensure worker safety during project execution
- Supervises and coordinates contractors during project installation, rebuilds, shutdowns, and major maintenance projects
- Participates in the Project Delivery Process (PDP) to develop project packages for Capital &/or Major Maintenance expenditures.
- Provide occasional auxiliary support to Maintenance department for shutdowns, safety projects and other duties as assigned
- Assist in development of internal safety and project standards
- Develops drawing and information packages as required
- Completes project documentation and updates CMMS with new inventory requests and spare parts information
- Minimum 2-4 years in capital or major maintenance project management experience with demonstrated leadership ability and a positive can-do attitude
- Mechanical Engineering Technologist diploma currently registered or eligible for AScT registration with ASTTBC. Other disciplines considered depending on experience
- Strong communication skills, confident, persistent, diligent, and able to work independently to complete projects and meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills with MS Office, AutoCAD and CMMS software (Maximo)
- A self-starter with strong organizational and analytical skills coupled with a proactive approach. Flexible team-focused attitude willing to learn and take on new tasks, ask questions and engage others to find practical solutions
Our highly competitive compensation package includes:
- Pulp mill or heavy industry experience
- Planning and large project management experience
- AutoCAD, Navis Works
- Microsoft SharePoint and Office
- Competitive base salary with annual bonus opportunity
- Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, pension, life insurance, disability, accident insurance, vacation, and holidays
- The salary range for this position is usually between $96,000-$108,000 depending on skills and experience.
West Fraser offers a comprehensive relocation package to assist your move to Quesnel. Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Interested applicants should apply onlineby submitting theirresume, cover letter, and proof of qualifications
in confidence. To apply, click on our job ad atwww.westfraser.com/jobs
and then click "apply now" in green at the top of the page.
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate againstanyapplicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
Apply now at www.westfraser.com/jobs and discover more about our current opportunities!
Internal Applicants click here: https://t11.ultipro.ca
Discover more about West Fraser’s current initiatives, opportunities, and more, by visiting us on LinkedIn and Facebook.Leadership through safety, profit, responsibility in communities, excellence in people and strength in products.