January 21, 2019
Reporting to the Senior Project Lead, the Project Planning Specialist is responsible for serving as a primary resource for implementing project planning and scheduling methods, procedures, and systems on projects within Teck Coal. The area of Project Planning includes; schedule planning and development, constructability review, resource allocation, progress and performance measurement, schedule analysis, forecasting, and status reporting. Included also, is integration with Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) estimating, cost control, including functions in the office and field.
Where assigned to a project, the Project Planning Specialist is accountable to the Teck Project Director to plan, implement, and manage effective project planning and schedule processes and systems on the project, within the standards set by the Project Director. Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Lead the integration of scheduling and planning activities with regulatory bodies, external consultants, and Teck internal groups
- Facilitate Projects planning sessions with Teck project Teams, Provide guidance and training on project planning and scheduling methods
- Ensure that project schedule decisions are made based on an accurate and timely schedule and progress performance information
- Implement project scheduling resources, processes, tools, and systems on assigned major projects. This includes working with the project team, operations team, and external third party service providers in developing, integrating, supporting, and maintaining the management level schedule within the overall Master schedule
- Perform quality reviews on project schedules prepared by external parties, recommend corrective actions, and supervise their implementation
- Assist in transferring learning from actual project implementation into the improvement of company policies and procedures
- Perform administrative duties appropriate and necessary for the smooth implementation of the job role within the assigned project
- University degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of experience in project planning and scheduling roles on multiple projects
- Certification from PMI or AACEI is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of project and construction management theory, with emphasis on time and cost management
- Proficient understanding in the area of project planning, activity duration estimating, Critical Path Method (CPM) schedule preparation, schedule analysis, schedule system application, and construction scheduling
- Strong knowledge of the engineering and construction industry and ability to understand drawings and technical reports
- Experience working with permitting regulatory bodies and knowledge of environmental studies planning is preferred
- Strong computer skills, particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite® package: Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong experience working with Primavera and Microsoft Project® scheduling software
- Experience working with Pertmaster (PRA) and Acumen Fuse is preferred
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Good critical and conceptual thinking skills
- Good organizational and time management skills, as well as able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Frequent travel or project assignment to the mine sites is a requirement of this position
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2017, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the eighth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-MB1 Job Segment:
Engineer, Social Media, Law, Procurement, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, Mining, Operations
- Apply Now
- Apply with LinkedIn
- Please wait...