You are an experienced Project Manager who has successfully delivered outside plant fiber optic builds, both aerial and underground. In this role, you will ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget. You'll work independently or with direction from the team, implementing the project plan and schedule, ensuring safety and quality control, and delegating work to project team, contractors, and trades people.
Join Ledcor Technical Services in Calgary or Vancouver today!
- Demonstrate leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
- Ensure timely change management.
- Manage communication between design, construction, and procurement.
- Develop and maintain the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates.
- Facilitate project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project's ongoing progression.
- Work with project team to identify and manage opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets.
- Maintain, track, and report financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings.
Additional Information: Company Description
- 5+ years of related work experience in managing fiber optic builds. Experience in both aerial and underground cable placement is preferred.
- Previous experience as a Project Manager or in a similar direct managerial / supervisory role.
- Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset.
- Comprehensive k no w l e dg e o f con s tr u c t i on doc u m en t s , d r a w i n g s, spec i f i ca t i ons, cu r r ent cons tr u c t i on p r ac t i ces a n d m e t hodo l o g y .
- D e m ons t r a t ed n e g o t i a t i on /m an a g e m ent s k ill s.
- A b ili t y t o p l an and m an a g e t o a p r o j e c t schedu l e.
- U nde r s t and i n g o f c ons t r uc t i on co s t s a n d bu d g e t s .
- A b ili t y t o c o m m un i ca t e c l ea r l y and co ll abo r a t e w i t h m u l t i p l e s t a k eho l de r s , an t i c i pa t e s t a k eho l der need s , and p r oac t i v e l y i den t i f y so l u t i on s .
- C apab l e o f i den t i f y i ng c o ns tr u c t ab ili t y i ssues i n m ode r a t e l y co m p l ex s i t ua t i ons and c r ea t i ng so l u t i ons i n t he con s tr u c ti on p l an and schedu l e .
- A b ili t y t o m o t i v a t e, coach and g u i de o t her t e a m m e m be r s .
- S tr o n g o r g an i z a t i onal and p l ann i ng s k ill s and t he ab ili t y t o m an a g e m u l t i p l e p r i o r i t i e s .
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!Employment Equity
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging. Date Posted
Jun 29, 2021
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada