As the Project Manager - Telecommunication Construction, you will responsible for the smooth functioning of day to day operations to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget. You will work independently or with direction from the team, implement the project plan and schedule, ensure safety and quality control, and delegate work to project team, contractors, and trades people.
Join Ledcor Technical Services in Vancouver or Calgary today!
• Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements of the Project Specific Safety Program (PSSP) to promote overall compliance of Ledcor HS&E standards, applicable OH&S Acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project.
• Creates and facilitates the Project Quality Program to ensure project materials are supplied and work is completed accordingly.
• Maintains project start-up systems and procedures including master filing system, project billings, cost accounting system, and project directory.
• Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates.
• Facilitates project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project's ongoing progression.
• Works with project team to identify and manage opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets.
• Maintains, tracks, and reports financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings.
Additional Information: Company Description
• 5+ years of related work experience or combination of relevant education and experience.
• Previous experience as a Project Manager or in a similar direct managerial / supervisory role.
• Completed post-secondary education in Construction, Engineering or related discipline an asset.
• Comprehensive k no w l e dg e o f con s tr u c t i on doc u m en t s , d r a w i n g s, spec i f i ca t i ons, cu r r ent cons tr u c t i on p r ac t i ces a n d m e t hodo l o g y .
• D e m ons t r a t ed n e g o t i a t i on /m an a g e m ent s k ill s.
• A b ili t y t o p l an and m an a g e t o a p r o j e c t schedu l e.
• U nde r s t and i n g o f c ons t r uc t i on co s t s a n d bu d g e t s .
• A b ili t y t o c o m m un i ca t e c l ea r l y and co ll abo r a t e w i t h m u l t i p l e s t a k eho l de r s , an t i c i pa t e s t a k eho l der need s , and p r oac t i v e l y i den t i f y so l u t i on s .
• C apab l e o f i den t i f y i ng c o ns tr u c t ab ili t y i ssues i n m ode r a t e l y co m p l ex s i t ua t i ons and c r ea t i ng so l u t i ons i n t he con s tr u c ti on p l an and schedu l e .
• A b ili t y t o m o t i v a t e, coach and g u i de o t her t e a m m e m be r s .
• S tr o n g o r g an i z a t i onal and p l ann i ng s k ill s and t he ab ili t y t o m an a g e m u l t i p l e p r i o r i t i e s .
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!Employment Equity
Ledcor is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all of our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, disability or any other identifying characteristic. Date Posted
Sep 8, 2020
1067 West Cordova Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada